Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General Alpina talk

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 02-16-2019, 04:19 PM

Default Seeking any VIN for LCI 2015-17 EU-Spec F13 Alpina B6 Biturbo 2-Dr Coupe

My previous post announced my plan to upgrade my 2017 BMW650i xDrive 2dr Coupe to full Alpina Specification. The F13 Alpina B6 Biturbo 2dr Coupe was never sold in North America, and I do not want to wait 25 years to legally import one!

To successfully order EU-spec parts from the F13 Alpina B6 Biturbo, the US Alpina Parts Distributor needs any random VIN from any LCI 2015-17 LHD Alpina B6 Biturbo, regardless of who owns it, if it is for sale or not, salvaged or not, no matter where it is physically located. In Germany, the VIN's are NOT located in the lower windshield, nor the door jamb. VIN's are also NEVER shown in any used car listings, unlike in the US.
Check out Autoscout24 for Alpina B6 Biturbo listings, there are several. Just have no idea how to extract this information, it seems they are quite secretive for some reason, and I do not speak German.

I just got back from Germany where I took a factory tour at Dingolfing, and visited BMW Welt, where I specifically requested a VIN in person from the BMW Welt "Tech Expert". That was on Jan 26th, no answer yet. Tried to visit a used lot in Germany with an Alpina B6 Biturbo listed for sale, but turns out it was on consignment and not physically there. I could not coerce the owner to bring the car out in bad weather just so I could lift the hood and take a photo of the obscure VIN plate, wherever it is located.

Appreciate your help with this!