Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Tell us who you are and where you're from

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 01-11-2012, 11:35 PM

Default Greetings from Farmington, Utah

To start off, a big thank you to Stirling for your effort to put together USA/Canadian, etc forum. It looks like it is already off to a good start. Before you know. several of us may get together in a meet or show of some king in the future. Of course that may mean that some people might actually have to drive their Alpiinas.....just kidding!

I have been a big fan of both Alpina and Hartge and I am particularly partial to the old e24 Alpinas. I came so very close to importing a Hartge H6S back in the grey market era but it seems that Alpinas are more plentiful and so it has been simpler to just be an Alpina fan.

I am in a bit of a "rut" with the Alpina six series as I have a 1987 e24 Delphin Metallic Alpina B10 3.5, #36 of 44. a 1982 e24 Alpina Grun B7S Turbo Coupe, #25 of 30 and an old favorite, a 1978 e24 Henna Red Alpina B9 3.5 ....clone.

Some 24 B10 3.5 info:

My 1987 Alpina e24 B10 3.5 is, of course, a genuine Alpina and is #36 of 44 mfg by Alpina. Pretty exclusive and certainly the only one in north and south America. It has all the Alpina options except the differential cooler which was normally installed on just the Alpina Turbo cars. Alpina B10 3.5 261hp 2 valve motor, Getrag 5spd CR "dogleg" trans, Alpina 3 spoke 380mm steering wheel, Alpina leather shift knob, silver dekoset, Alpina front and rear spoilers, Alpina digital gages for diff oil temp, motor oil temp, motor oil press, motor vacuum all located in one of the air vents, Alpina cloth interior (side panels etc, Alpina cloth covered genuine Recaros, manual not electric, and not BMW sport seats, Alpina staggered 17x8.5 & 17x9.5 rims with covered centers with optional black centers with original Alpina black plastic center caps, Alpina dead pedal, Rennline aluminum pedals and Rennline Aluminum accelerator pedal, Aluminum skid plate, B&B SS exhaust with extra resonators installed, (two SS Cat, side by side, when needed for emissions), ceramic coated headers, Alpina suspension shocks and springs, Alpina extra 40 liter long range fuel tank, Alpina dash instrument gages, Z3 short shift, Alpina dash plaque, "B10 3.5 Coupe 036", Alpina numbers on head and motor block and Alpina VIN plate with numbers ending in 036, cruise control, factory A/C that works very well, Alpina cloth rear headrests, BMW headlamp wiper system and clear front turn signals lenses and clear rear turn signal lenses which look great on my Delphin Metallic B10. Custom SS Alpina sill covers, custom Alpina hood and deck roundels, etc, etc. The b10 now has about 127,000 km.

My 1982 e24 B7S Turbo Coupe, is of couse Alpina Green and is one of few remaining B7S Turbo coupes (some say less than half of the original 30 B7S Turbo Coupes are still in existence) and mine still has the Alpina Green Tartan Recaro interior. Certainly the Alpina Green Tartan is a little unusual but I will say that it does seem to work well with the other black trim in the car and the green exterior. My B7S has all the Alpina options except the extra Alpina 40 liter long range tank. I am still working on getting the long range tank as I do appreciate the value of the additional range particularly when I am taking my Alpinas on cross country trips to the east and west coasts. I have the original Alpina rims 16" rims of course but also have a more rare set of Alpina 17x8.5 and 17x10 rims that have the early small return lip style flange instead of the later "flat flange" 17 Alpinas. I also have a set of custom adapters that allow the use of the early Alpina black plastic center caps on black painted center. My next long term project is to rebuild and install the original Pierburg injection System which I have. The B7S currently is running with a Motec Engine Management System with is amazingly programmable and has features which allow discrete checking of all engine parameters as well as a data collection all from a PC. The Motec System on the B7S was dyno-ed at 373 HP and 395 ft-lbs torque. Even with the stock 330 hp the Alpina 16x7 and 16x8 rims seemed a little inadequate. The car currently has qbout 31,000 km.

My henna red Alpina clone has about 265,000 km and I have have driven it ... well a lot.

I guess I will have to upload some pics later........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04830.jpg (60.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 15492314_large.jpg (88.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg henna 635 by the ocean.jpg (48.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-12-2012, 04:54 AM
Administrator

Wow, beautiful collection of Alpinas from someone who obviously knows them very, very well! Great to have you join us JR, I look forward to getting to know you better throw the forum.

Do you know of any other Alpina owners in Utah?
Old 01-12-2012, 09:10 AM

Hey John good to hear from you, it has been a while. Nice write ups.....

David Frankel
Old 01-12-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaalpinaowner View Post
Hey John good to hear from you, it has been a while. Nice write ups.....

David Frankel
Absolutely, I really enjoyed reading the write-up on your cars.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM

It
Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 PM

Welcome. I'm in Farmington every September for work.

Beautiful cars.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:30 PM

That is suprising that you would be in our little town of Farmington for work Chris?

I don't know of any other Alpina owners in Utah at this time.

I looked for the pic at the Monterey Historic Races of the BMW Corral of the B12 Alpina in a custom Ferrari Red color and then the M1 and then my 635/Alpina clone but haven't found it yet. It was interesting seeing the 3 different shades of red. But I admit that was the first time I was sort of embarrassed about my Alpina clone as I was invited to park my car with such an iconic BMW as the M1 and the stunning Alpina B12 into the Display Corral that day.

My other B10 pics do not seem to work at the moment.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00038.jpg (89.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04752.jpg (95.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04836.jpg (36.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04827.jpg (50.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Alpina historics 2009.jpg (87.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-15-2012, 09:46 AM

Default Wow!

My dream Alpina!

Some day, a trip to Germany to bring one back.