Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Tell us who you are and where you're from

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 PM

Default Hello. Member from Arizona

Hi there. Registered for the site last week.

My name is Chris and I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I have an E28 B7 Turbo #0083. It's Polaris with Alpina cloth. The car has 137,000 km. No air conditioning and it was equipped with the gasoline-powered heater under the rear seat.

I bought the car from someone in Virginia. He had the car sitting in a warehouse for three years, having acquired it from someone who let it sit for some time before that. The car is complete minus the front spoiler. The interior is nice save for a couple of dash cracks, so there isn't much that needs doing cosmetically aside from paint and new exterior trim.

I haven't driven the car yet due to the length of time it sat. The motor cranks freely. I have redone the fuel tanks, replaced all rubber fuel hose and am currently waiting for my fuel pump to show up. Once that arrives, I can install it, reconnect the auxiliary tank, put some fuel in and start the car. Then, we'll see what else it needs.

Here's a couple of photographs showing the car when I got it (it's cleaner now):

I'm pretty excited about the car. I also have two E12 M535i, an E28 M535i, an E28 533i and an E34 525it. I've got my hands full, but this is the main project at this point. I've been saving to do the car right, so hopefully we can see results soon.

Last edited by wkohler; 01-02-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:56 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Chris and thanks for joining us. Looks like you've got a terrific find there! Congrats on the B7.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:25 AM

Someday it would be nice to see all four e28 B7 Turbo's (known to exist in NA) together in one place for a photo shoot. An article in Bimmer Magazine would be cool as well.

Last edited by Mark in Toronto; 01-03-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Toronto View Post
Someday it would be nice to see all four e28 B7 Turbo's (known to exist in NA) together in one place for a photo shoot. An article in Bimmer Magazine would be cool as well.
There are 5 known example of the e28 B7 Turbo in NA... specifically, Sia's, Chris', Dave Frankel's, mine, and the one that was For Sale in the Roundel a number of months back in LA. I spoke by phone with that owner and he had just imported it from Japan... don't know if he sold it or still has it?

-RoyW

Last edited by RoyW; 01-03-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Administrator

I think four of you are already here on this forum:
-Sia
-RonP
-RoyW
-wkohler

That should make it a bit easier to organize getting you guys together.

Now how are we going to track down the fifth? Do you think you could still locate that advert in Roundel?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirling View Post
I think four of you are already here on this forum:
-Sia
-RonP
-RoyW
-wkohler

That should make it a bit easier to organize getting you guys together.

Now how are we going to track down the fifth? Do you think you could still locate that advert in Roundel?
RonP is not one of the 5 e28 B7 owners in NA (although perhaps he did once own a B7?)... he does however live in CA. The only one of the 3 B7 owners that I know that is not yet registered on this site is David Frankel. So, we'd still need to find out where the one in CA is... perhaps I'll give that guy that advertised car in the Roundel a call and see what happened to the B7 he imported from Japan and was trying to sell??

-RoyW
Old 01-03-2012, 10:41 PM

We're back to four. The car that was imported from Japan by CSi was sold on eBay and is now in Australia. That said, I thought there was another in Canada, according to one of the registry sites. I cannot remember which.

Edit: Checking the members list, I see RonP listed a "1985 B7 Turbo" as one of his cars.

Last edited by wkohler; 01-03-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkohler View Post
We're back to four. The car that was imported from Japan by CSi was sold on eBay and is now in Australia. That said, I thought there was another in Canada, according to one of the registry sites. I cannot remember which.

Edit: Checking the members list, I see RonP listed a "1985 B7 Turbo" as one of his cars.
Thanks for that update Chris... I was wondering what happened to that car, since it hadn't surfaced here in the U.S after that Roundel ad? And, perhaps the "Other Cars Owned" was being interrupted as past tense? That how I read it in RonP's case??

-RoyW
Old 01-04-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkohler View Post

I'm pretty sure number 181 on this registry is Dave Frankel's car:

http://www.thealpinaregister.com/dis...e=72&model=261
Old 01-04-2012, 10:14 AM

David's car is #116.