Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > Tech Talk

Notices

Tech Talk Help and advice on technical matters for the DIYer

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 01-24-2017, 02:06 PM

Default Charge Pressure Regulator???

Hello everyone.
Let me introduce myself a bit here. My name is Milan and I own a 2007 Alpina B7. This is my 6th personal BMW vehicle. Three of the previous 6 were 7 series. BMW has been my main car for over 20 years. With that said, I am not new to the brand and have had many many love and hate relationships with the car.
I try to do most of the work myself, but sometimes that is not always possible.

Currently my car has a bit of a problem that I would like to bring up here and hopefully bring it to conclusion.
In last few weeks, when driving and coasting, above 110km/h, if i let go of the gas, car would surge, buckle or hesitate, the higher the RPM's the more pronounced the above issue. If I put the car in manual mode and lower it to 4th or 3th gear, it becomes extremely pronounced, hesitation and jerking, like gas pedal is extremely sensitive and I cant keep it steady.
Interesting thing about all this is that car never threw a code. I kept checking in INPA, and nothing.
Until today, car stated fine in the morning, I drove it for an hour, (with the issue there), parked it for few hours, came back and i could not get it to pass over 3000 RPM's. It would buckle, loose power, gradually get it back, but nothing over 3k RPM's.
Also, I am "happy" to report that check engine light came on and INPA recorded " Charge pressure regulator P2563 Turbocharger Charge pressure control Positioning circuit " error.

I am wandering if this error points to supercharger throttle body, http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...17#13547966233

Your input and suggestions are very much appreciated

Thanks
Milan
Old 01-25-2017, 07:20 PM

I did a bit of reading on that error and my suggestion would be to go through and check connections that go to that sensor first. The sensor appears to be very expensive and the problem could be something else that is causing the sensor to not receive a reading or receive a faulty reading.

If all connections look ok, I'd start checking plastic and rubber vacuum hoses for cracks. A vacuum leak will cause the sensor to read a bad value.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
I did a bit of reading on that error and my suggestion would be to go through and check connections that go to that sensor first. The sensor appears to be very expensive and the problem could be something else that is causing the sensor to not receive a reading or receive a faulty reading.

If all connections look ok, I'd start checking plastic and rubber vacuum hoses for cracks. A vacuum leak will cause the sensor to read a bad value.
Thanks, did all that, I will do it again. Maybe I missed something

Tags
charge pressure regulator, supercharger, throttle body