Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > Tech Talk

Notices

Tech Talk Help and advice on technical matters for the DIYer

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 AM

Default Upgrading to CD43 Deck?

I think Dwayne has done this, has anyone else? Sources to get them? They seem to be hard to find. Also does anyone know for sure if the ones listed on ebay with the 'M' badge are authentic? I read somewhere that they are not. Plus I don't like the 'M' badge, but I guess I could also remove it...

I need to keep the car OEM to have my collector plates on it, so I'm looking to keep it that way. If I'm going to spend somewhere around $200 on a CD player I want to make sure I'm getting the right one.

Real CD43:

Possibly fake?

Dwayne, do you have any photos of yours installed?

The previous owner also hacked the crap out of my harness, so I've bought a new harness to re-splice in...I hope it's easy to match up the correct wires
Old 06-27-2012, 06:30 PM

mine is the one with the m sticker and its acually the range rover model and i knew that when i bought it . its doesnt bother me at all but i understand where u are coming from wanting the real goods . the real ones range between 250 to 300 . keep watch in bimmer forums i have seen a few pop up . the cd43 is a very nice unit . here is a pic of mine installed . i dont even notice the m sticker and the bmw businees or the range rover model are exactly the same

Old 06-28-2012, 08:57 AM

I have a new in box CD43, labelled "BMW Business CD" on the front with security code.

I bought it a few years back to install in my B10, but decided against it. It turns out its not PnP in my B10 as I have the separate head unit and tuner unit.

I could let it go for $240, if you are interested.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro20v View Post
I have a new in box CD43, labelled "BMW Business CD" on the front with security code.

I bought it a few years back to install in my B10, but decided against it. It turns out its not PnP in my B10 as I have the separate head unit and tuner unit.

thats a great deal ryan
Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro20v View Post

YES PLEASE!!!!! Are you available to meet up this weekend sometime?

I heard the earlier E34's have different wiring, so lots of these decks aren't PnP like they are with other cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post
thats a great deal ryan
It sure is!!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:52 AM

Thanks quattro!!!

I'm going to see if I can get it installed today. Too bad it's raining again though
Old 07-02-2012, 11:34 AM

Cool, glad it went to an enthusiast. Let me know how it works out.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:08 PM

It was a bitch to get wired in because of the aftermarket deck that was in and the wires were all hacked up. Then, of course, the wiring diagram for a North American E36 didn't match my car, but there was a wiring diagram on the top of the deck that was in the car, so I went off that in conjunction with the NA wiring diagram that matched the replacement harness I had. I got it all spliced in and it seems to be working just fine

Next I have to figure out how to reattach the hookup for the radio because that was hacked up too. Must be witch craft that I'm still able to get radio signal without having it hooked up

Installed, but not totally flush. I didn't mess with it too much to get it to fit since I'm going to have to pull it again to get the antenna hooked up properly.

And here's the wiring diagram I had to go off to get things wired up. A bit of translation was required to figure out which was front and rear

Old 07-02-2012, 04:47 PM

looks good ryan u are going to love it . i see its a sony i thought all the cd43 were blaupunkt
Old 07-02-2012, 06:02 PM

The pic of the Sony was for the JDM deck that was in the car before. I had to do by the wiring diagram from the Sony (that's in Japanese) to wire in the CD43.

I haven't tried playing any CD's yet, but I assume that will work. I just hope it plays burnt CD's

Here's a pic of the Sony one that was in before. It looks like it was a pretty high end deck back in the day. Bit of a crap pic as you can't see much of the front.

Last edited by Scooter; 07-02-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Tags
cd43, radio, upgrade