Can-Am Alpina Club TedFest 2015

Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General Alpina talk

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Parts car opportunity at Copart? 10-09-2018 05:17 AM General Discussion Stirling
New addition to the stable! 10-01-2018 01:49 PM General Discussion Scooter
1990 Alpina B10 Biturbo for Sale 09-12-2018 11:37 AM General Discussion quattro20v
STOLEN: 1991 B10 biturbo 09-06-2018 07:11 AM General Discussion quattro20v
B8 #54 Sedan 09-05-2018 04:05 PM Japan Auction Watch Scooter

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:33 PM
saint saint is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: regina
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Alpina B8 on bilstein pss coilovers

I found a mint set of bilstein pss coilovers that i could not pass up . I installed them sat night and i must say the ride and handling is much better than stock . I lowered it a bit to give a nicer stance and not destroy my front lip .
I safely stored my stock suspension so i can return the car to factory specs .













  #2  
Old 07-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Stirling's Avatar
Stirling Stirling is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Bay
Posts: 514
Thanks: 15
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

I'm liking the slightly lowered look.
Are you getting much attention with that rare beast around Regina?
  #3  
Old 07-24-2012, 10:05 AM
saint saint is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: regina
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirling View Post
I'm liking the slightly lowered look.
Are you getting much attention with that rare beast around Regina?
Thanks stirling im really enjoying the new suspension and look . I do get some looks but no one really knows what an Alpina is much less a B8 .
  #4  
Old 08-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Scooter's Avatar
Scooter Scooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 487
Thanks: 12
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Looks like the front came down more than the back. It looks better IMO. More consistent fender gap when comparing the front to the rear which looks good
  #5  
Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 AM
saint saint is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: regina
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Looks like the front came down more than the back. It looks better IMO. More consistent fender gap when comparing the front to the rear which looks good
thanks ryan . i did lower the back since i took those pics . did the one way valve fix your starting problem .
here is a pic after i lowered the back more



  #6  
Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Scooter's Avatar
Scooter Scooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 487
Thanks: 12
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post
thanks ryan . i did lower the back since i took those pics . did the one way valve fix your starting problem .
here is a pic after i lowered the back more
I still haven't done it I've been on holiday for the past 3 weeks or so, so I haven't made any progress. Also, trying to look after 4 cars makes it more difficult to get things done. There's so many little things I want to do to each car...

I guess you haven't had any problems yet catching the front spoiler on any bumps or anything? It looks pretty low...but it looks great
  #7  
Old 08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
saint saint is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: regina
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
I still haven't done it I've been on holiday for the past 3 weeks or so, so I haven't made any progress. Also, trying to look after 4 cars makes it more difficult to get things done. There's so many little things I want to do to each car...

I guess you haven't had any problems yet catching the front spoiler on any bumps or anything? It looks pretty low...but it looks great
I really struggled on a decision to lower it because of the front lip but i got the coilovers so cheap i thought if it doesnt work out i put it back to stock and sell them . But the lip hasnr been a prob at all .
You might have to pare down your fleet .
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors