Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General Alpina talk

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 10-17-2012, 08:38 PM

Got one last wash and wax in before the rain started. The Porter Cable made the hood, roof and trunk much easier to wax, but there was lots of bumps and stuff to go around on the sides, so I might just wax by hand in the future.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 PM

Nice

You may want to try 4" pads for the sides, front and back, much easier to spread around curves and creases.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster-s View Post
You may want to try 4" pads for the sides, front and back, much easier to spread around curves and creases.
Good thinking! I'll have to see if I can pick some up.

Took a couple of Fall photos today.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 PM

Fresh oil change today Looking forward to nicer spring summer weather....I hope.

The car developed a misfire a few weeks back. It seems to be intermittent with it misfiring most of the time. I'm not sure if it's from the older gas in the tank or maybe a coil pack issue. I disconnected the MAF and the car was surging on idle, so i don't think the MAF is the issue.

I have new valve cover gaskets coming in a few weeks, so I'll give it a better diagnosis when I replace those. And after I run through the gas that's in the tank.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 AM

Oh yeah, I also have replacement rubber seals coming for the door handles and the rear windscreen. I really should have done this stuff in the fall before we got the winter rain. Oh well. She's getting a bit better all the time
Old 02-20-2013, 11:10 AM

Did you fix whatever caused her to break down in the middle of the road like that in the fall? looks great and I'm sure you're getting excited to drive her again, I know I can't wait to get the B3 back on the road...
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmitchell View Post
Did you fix whatever caused her to break down in the middle of the road like that in the fall? looks great and I'm sure you're getting excited to drive her again, I know I can't wait to get the B3 back on the road...
You sound like an E30 owner

Yeah super excited to drive her more. I plan to do more "pointless" road trips and cruises this summer. Have to wait and see if that actually happens...

Various rubber seal components waiting to go in....need some good weather so I can get some work done on it!

Old 03-03-2013, 06:18 PM

One step forward, one step back. I replaced the rear window seals today, but the drivers door stopped opening from the outside Not an uncommon problem with these cars, but annoying none the less.

Removing the old seal...sooooo much crap in behind the old seal. All four corners on the old seal had rotted out, so I'm glad I got this done today

I cleaned out where the seal goes and applied some silicone spray to help the new seal slide in.

New seal in place

Old 03-04-2013, 09:19 PM

Fixed the misfire

I checked the resistance on all the coilpacks and they were good, so I started checking the park plugs. They didn't look too bad, but they were NGK's with 4 electrodes. I just put in the same kind that were in there when I got the car. I now switched to the Bosch FR7LDCR's that are recommended for the car and she runs great!

Last edited by Scooter; 03-05-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Wrong spark plug
Old 07-22-2013, 09:08 PM

Looks like I might have a few more expenses coming up than I was thinking....I knew the brakes were getting low and there is a rattle that's been annoying me, so I thought I'd get the car up, have a look at the brakes and fix what I thought was causing the rattle. I didn't find the rattle, the brakes seem ok, but anything under the car that has rubber seems to be going to shit.

I didn't get a pic, but the engine mounts aren't looking too great. Not failed, but splitting and such all over. They look like typical old rubber that's had it's day. Much worse is the top of the rear shock (which also may be slightly leaking) and some other bushing that can be seen in the last pic.

Tags
alpina b8 4.6, bmw, fast, photo, saloon