Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General Alpina talk

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 01-26-2012, 12:50 PM

thats great to get all that done and after they checked the car over it got a clean bill of health . my car is at the shop this moment getting saftied . im pretty confident that it wont need anything .
Old 01-26-2012, 01:07 PM

LOL...I'm pretty sure the only comment on your car will be something like "yeah, we found some hair from the previous owner under the seat."
Old 01-26-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
LOL...I'm pretty sure the only comment on your car will be something like "yeah, we found some hair from the previous owner under the seat."
lol i think u are right . they called me just as i was responding to your thread and when i asked him if it was ok he got all serious and said , we will talk when u get here . i pressed him until he cracked and laughed and told me it passed only thing was no shift pattern on the knob but he let it slide . the mech said the brakes were at 90% and all the steering and suspension was very tight .
after driving e36's for 6 yrs it really takes some getting used to the sound of the v8's growl in one .
Old 02-06-2012, 10:02 PM

Major milestone passed last night....

Old 02-12-2012, 04:54 PM

New spark plugs and new O2 sensors now installed. The O2 sensor on the passenger side was easy. The one on the driver's side was a bit of a b*tch. I had to buy this removal tool which actually worked really well.

I was hoping to use O2 sensors I had left over from my old E36 325i would work....and they did!!! The lead is too long, but you just need to zap strap it shorter

The car runs smoother for sure, but it's not as smooth as I was hoping it would be. The old 320i that I had ran sooooo smooth sometimes I had to look at the tachometer just to see if the car was running. Still love this car though.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:43 PM

glad to see the 325i o2 sensors worked , im thinking of replacing mine just because . as far as your rough idol mine isnt totally smooth and there is a thread on the alpina forum about that . most guys say none idol totally smooth .

i recently did some work on mine . i kept hearing a rattle and i thought the oil pump was loose so i took the pan off and it was all good , the problem was an exhaust pipe was hitting on a cross member so i fixed that and the rattle . i also installed a 3.15 lsd and i love it , it woke the car up and didnt effect the high speed aspect , it still does 160 in 3rd gear and i have had it up to 270k and it still had lots to go . at 270 it was only at 5500 rpm
Old 02-26-2012, 04:57 PM

Hmmm..That's too bad. It's nice to have the smooth idle. It runs fine and smooth otherwise, but you get the odd bounce here and there when sitting at traffic lights.

Strange I wonder why your exhaust was doing that?

Had a nice day so I gave the car a wash and then gave it a wax with Meguairs' Ultimate Quick Wax (I love this stuff for getting a quick layer of wax on the car ) I also started cleaning up the engine bay. It's not done, but I have a good start on it. I've done most of the black plastic covers, so that will be the most noticeable.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:29 PM

Dropped the car off at the body shop today to have the front left quarter fixed and have the Alpina pin striping redone on the front left half of the car and the trunk. I hope they remember to do the trunk...
Old 03-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Do they appreciate what a fine piece of machinery they will be working on?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:00 PM

Honestly....no, I don't think so, but I'm not too concerned about it. After thoroughly going over the car from waxing it a few times it has some other paint issues I'd like to get sorted out before I spend decent money on a paint job. Or rather I should say, I'm going to get the whole car done properly with a good quality paint job at some point, but that's not now.

When I bought the car I knew it wasn't a show winner and I'll try and slowly get it there, but I'm not ready to spend money on the paint right now. The only reason why I'm getting the quarter panel repaired is so I can get the car registered as a collector and save some money on insurance since I have three cars insured at the moment

Tags
alpina b8 4.6, bmw, fast, photo, saloon