Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Tell us who you are and where you're from

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 01-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkohler View Post
David's car is #116.
Hmm, then #181 is missing. I recall that Sia looked at that car before he purchased his B7. Sometime thereafter, it was sold to a client in the U.S..
Old 01-04-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Toronto View Post
Hmm, then #181 is missing. I recall that Sia looked at that car before he purchased his B7. Sometime thereafter, it was sold to a client in the U.S..
Chris, looking forward to see your final rebuilt of the B7, looking good as its stand.

And yes, that car (#118) need it complete rebuilt and would take lots of $$$ to bring that back to its original glory. It was a shame that the previous owners neglected that car for so long.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Maybe Ron's is an e24?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:24 PM

Mine was an e28 and now belongs to Roy Wicklund. It had a custom a/c mount built by Alpina as the original owner wanted to have air con.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Speaking as the owner of the E28 1985 Alpina B7 Turbo/1 #0181 I can tell you you're not the 1st person I've seen/heard mention that my car was sold to a client in the States. I'm not sure how that rumour was started, but I can tell you the car was imported into Canada from Germany in 2000 and has never left the Toronto area since then.

Eric
Old 01-05-2012, 07:07 AM

And there you have it, we are at four e28 B7's that are known to exist in NA: Sia, Chris, Roy, David and Eric with a possible fifth that Roy spotted in for sale in the Roundel in the LA area.

Last edited by Mark in Toronto; 01-05-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina B7 View Post
Speaking as the owner of the E28 1985 Alpina B7 Turbo/1 #0181 I can tell you you're not the 1st person I've seen/heard mention that my car was sold to a client in the States. I'm not sure how that rumour was started, but I can tell you the car was imported into Canada from Germany in 2000 and has never left the Toronto area since then.

Eric
Hahahahhahahahahah, I remember the place that this picture was taken. It was an old propane cylinder storage yard that half of the yard was shared between two other used car dealership and the guy that I suppose to deal with had his trailer at the end of the yard and your car was park right were the propane fence was separating three businesses. What a small world.
Obviously your B7 was for sale at that location, so I went to see it and the sales man gave me the key for a test drive, at the first corner the passenger mirror fall off, so I stopped and picked it up. As soon as we got in to Allen Road South and I shifted the second gear to third suddenly some huge noise came out of the car and all of a sudden we lost most of the power, pulled on the side and opened the hood and see the connection between the big pipe and the throttle body was just disintegrated and we decided to limp back to the dealership before something else blow up on us.
That particular day I honestly was out there with my cheque book to purchase the car, but after seeing all these I started checking the car in and out and the rest is history till I found mine a month later.
I see that you still have your car and hope you have fixed your B7 till now and enjoying the ownership, also if you are up to it let us know that we can get together in Toronto sometimes.

Sia
Old 01-05-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
And there you have it, we are at four e28 B7's that are known to exist in NA: Sia, Chris, Roy, David and Eric with a possible fifth that Roy spotted in for sale in the Roundel in the LA area.
Mark... that would be five in NA (counting the names you referenced). And, the one I saw in the Roundel that was in the L.A area has, per Chris' comments earlier in this thread, left the U.S. for another country.

-RoyW
Old 01-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyW View Post
Mark... that would be five in NA (counting the names you referenced), and the one I saw in the Roundel has, per Chris' comments earlier in this thread, left the U.S. for another country.

-RoyW
Right, four on here:
-Sia (AlpinaMan),
-RoyW
-Chris (wkohler)
-Eric (Alpina B7)

and one not here yet - Dave F.

Amazing that two of these cars are in one city. Is yours still for sale Eric?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:06 AM

Well, thought I'd quick update the status of my car. It's a running car now. I got it started today. Even drove it around the block a few times. It feels very good. I obviously didn't get on it, but that will come in due time after I go through the car thoroughly. Sure beats pushing it in and out of the garage, though.