View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Hey! Someone else in the Vancouver area!!!

I see you have a collector plate in one of your photos. Do you have your car presently registered as a collector? How was the process of getting the car registered as a collector? Do you get much in the way of savings in insurance premiums?

I'm thinking of getting my car registered as a collector, but if I don't get savings on my insurance fees, I don't see much of a point.
Hi Scooter:

Welcome to the club. Yes, my car is registered as a collector car. The process is quite simple, but the rules are it must be >15 years old AND less than 1500 wordwide production AND you must have another car registered with ICBC for work. You cannot drive a collector car to work or school.

Your B8 should meet this criteria. Its a huge savings, I pay around $600 per year for full coverage.

If you look on ICBCs website, there is a information on how to apply. All you have to do is take some pictures, fill out the application form, write up a letter explaining the low production of your car and submit it to ICBC. The application actually goes to an independent expert for approval (i.e. BMW Club of BC).

http://www.icbc.com/registration-lic...ector-vehicles

Let me know if you have any questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to quattro20v For This Useful Post:
Scooter (01-06-2012)