View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 01:45 PM

Default #5 E28 B7 Turbo from Georgia saying hello

Hello, my name is David Frankel. I proudly own #116, a 1985 B7 Turbo/1 E28
Car is Diamantschwartz and has been restored approx 5 yrs ago. It has 92k original miles and oddly is a pretty plain jane example from Alpina. This one was spec'd with manual Pearl beige leather sport seats which was pretty rare from Alpina (kinda boring IMHO) but almost everything else is Alpina. This car also came with the larger rear diff so no diff cooler was added as well as the headlight washing system and headlight leveling system, both which were made inoperable by the DOT/EPA at time of importation in 1986/7. (something I desire to make operate again).The Brakes have been updated with 850 fronts and e34 M5 rears probably from the 2 owner. I am the 3rd. Suspension is Bilstein Sport w/ H&R springs (I have the original Bilsteins as well as several other Alpina spec Bilsteins for rebuilding valve stacks to Alpina spec and 2 sets of alpina B7 Turbo springs)I added a UUC SSK to the dogleg tranny and everything works including the A/C. My pictures are somewhat dated but here are a couple - All window tint has been removed since these pics were taken. This car is used for shows and events these days. I live in Cumming Ga.Cumming is approximately 30 miles north of Atlanta. Interesting tidbit: There are actually 2 Alpinas in Cumming Ga, mine and Todd Howertons E24 B9. Todd has helped me tremendously through the years on this car and others.

As a Bimmer nut, I also own several other BMWs including a mint 1988 Henna Red M3 all original with Full Dinan suspension (I have all original pieces) with 31k original miles, a 1988 M5 with 77k miles that has been customized to Euro look spec, with every conceivable aftermarket option and had Ron Ps treatment including a brand new interior, and my daily driver a 2001 740i Sport original with 77k miles.

Last edited by Gaalpinaowner; 01-09-2012 at 01:48 PM.