View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 04:41 PM

Lots done over the last week. Driver's window installed with new plastic slider clips. I'll replace others later in the other three windows. I decided not to replace the vapour barrier seal for now. The barrier was sticking ok once it was heated. "New" door card also installed.

Fuel leak was also fixed. Here is the old line removed. I guess the seal is just old and was causing the leak.

I was able to replace the line without dropping the tank. Using my phone with the light on, I could see the clip on either end that you had the lift the line in/out of. If you have big hands or fat fingers it might be a bit difficult to do. The hardest part for me was getting the rubber line connected to the hard line under the car. If you have the car on a hoist I'm sure it's not a problem, but lying under the car and working in a tight space, it was a PITA.

Photos of the two clips on top of the tank.

She's now in good enough shape to put insurance on. I plan to put it on for 7 months before the end of this month since ICBC insurance rate hike comes into effect April 1.

When I was checking for the fuel leak I also noticed the exhaust hanger looked odd, so I ordered two new ones. I also suspect this may have been causing the mystery rattle I couldn't find. The old hanger was really hard, and was just hanging loosely at the hanger location. I'm guessing it was also some kind of generic type hanger.

Old left, new right.