View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:21 AM

I picked up the car from Nixon Automotive yesterday after I had the following done:
  • diff oil changed
  • gearbox oil changed
  • brake fluid flushed
  • gear lever bushing replaced
  • engine oil changed
  • new fuel filter

Normally, I would change the engine oil myself, but I need to drive the car as my DD over the next week or so, and I don't have my order of Castrol TWS yet, so I thought it would be best to get them to change it rather than driving around with old oil.

When I dropped the car off I also mentioned to them that I was getting noise from one of the pulley's or something up front. I figured it was the power steering pump. Since Nixon is such a great shop they also gave my car a pretty good look over as well as address the items I requested. I'm happy to report they didn't find any issues They said it looks like it's been pretty well taken care of, but does have some TLC cosmetic issues (nothing I'm not already aware of though).

It turns out that the noise is coming from the power steering pump. They can't find any issues, but they noticed some air bubbles in the system which may just be there because the car has been sitting for quite a while. After driving around a fair amount yesterday the noise already seems to have gone away. I was usually hearing it when the car was cold as well, but I didn't hear it this morning either, so that's good.

Next on the list...not sure exactly, it it will be something I do myself because I'm spending a bunch of money on my Land Cruiser this week as well, so I'm not going to have any funds to spend on anything else for at least a month or so. Stay tuned!