View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 06:55 PM

That is where I am hung up. In the early section in the link you sent contained mentions of Alpina modifying some 745's for higher boost thresholds, would you think that would be something Alpina would still have records of? Worth the $100 they are asking me for records to find out in your opinion?

I know some Alpina accessories were on the car when it came through the grey market into the states originally, so its possible it was only addon parts. Would Styner be someone to contact as well in case they had done the parts installs or anything? The original owner worked for Apple when he bought the car new and imported it, my father worked there at the same time, and he was known to be a massive enthusiast about the car, so I doubt he would fake-badge it and throw Alpina goodies on it. ANd the shop that did the initial Brake and Lamp here in California (I worked for them for a while, actually) claim it was definitely tricked out in the Alpina goodies from the get go

Last edited by Havokin; 05-14-2017 at 07:06 PM. Reason: adding a bit more info, not wanting to double post