View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 12:09 PM

Default do I belong here?...

Greetings, I´m in Mexico city, a year and a half ago, I purchased a C1 2.3, it is in a ferrari shop out in Arizona.

The thing is, its a 1983, I has ALL the alpina stuff: instruments, steering wheel, seats, wheels, and shift knob, but you never know right?.

the seller gave me a copy of the original invoice from a dealer in germany, Autohaus Wilhelmstrasse, where it states BMW Alpina C1 2.3. and of course all the options.

I called Alpina in the US, and they told me, that the car vin number was not an Alpina, wich broke my heart a little bit, but I was a little tenacious, and contacted Alpina in Germany, they asked fot the engine number, when I sent it, the very nice woman at Alpina answered in a week or so, telling me that the last four digits of the engine number showed it is an alpina motor, and the first numbers, must have been the chasis number ( wich it is ) , and that it matched their recors for an Alpina C1 2.3.

here is the thing, it doesn´t have an Alpina plate, why do you guys think it doesnt have a serial number , like Ive seen on modern Alpinas? , is it because its an early car?

please tell me what you think, I´m restoring the car, because I love it.

Does my car and I I belong in this forum

Best regards

Anastasio