View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 02:33 PM

I cross referenced the O2 part number on the B8 and it looks like the actual one that is specified was only used in the Euro E34 540i. I'm pretty sure the only difference in a number of those O2 sensors is the length of the lead and possibly the connection to the car. I have 3 left over from when I had a 325i, so I'd like to just lengthen the lead on them, so I can make use of them.

I did a bit of work yesterday and got the fan fixed...yay! . Since I was already in there I started removing the wiring for the hands free system that was in there as well. I also pulled this off the dash, and I'm not really sure what it is....maybe some sort of fake alarm thing where the lights come on? The lights don't come on though, so I don't think it's good for anything. (sorry terrible cell pics).

I'm pretty happy that the display on the on board computer is so good. I know it was a weak spot on some of the earlier E36's. Does anyone know if the pixels still start to go on these things when they made some changes to the car around 95-96?