PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Florida

rogbmw
12-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Just registered here - I have a B12 5.0 Coupe. We have just completed the official first importation to the US of a B12 Coupe using all the official Alpina nomenclature in the importation process. We also went through the complete process (took 9 months and $$) to have the B12 Coupes added to the "Official List", the the rest of the importation process took another 13 months.
Specs:
B12 50. #45
It is the only Silver B12 5.0 Coupe made
It has 38,000 Km
Imported from Japan
http://www.8er.ch/files/bilder/user/rogbmw/image_15273.jpg

Stirling
12-30-2011, 06:55 AM
Welcome to the club rogbmw. Now that the car is on the 'official list' will it be easier for the next importer? What all did the process involve? It is a matter of upgrading bumpers, emissions, seatbelts, that sort of thing?

Obviously you didn't have to crash-test it for them. :)

saint
12-30-2011, 08:06 AM
very nice , another mint condition alpina from japan

rogbmw
12-31-2011, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the replies. The cars can now officially be imported to the US, but you have to do all the EPA and DOT requirements, and they have to come through a registered importer. But now, they can be brought in properly and directly as an Alpina.
Also, I am having the car repainted soon as the silver paint has suffered from the Japanese elements, just as the silver paint BMW used at the time did in many places. The clear coat is going bad, and the car will be redone.

Gaalpinaowner
01-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Hey Rog -
sorry you were not able to make it to Hilton Head in Oct - I am still dying to see your ride. Beautiful!

David