PDA

View Full Version : B10 Biturbo needs cat

Stirling
08-04-2013, 07:21 PM
The catalytic converter is gone on my Biturbo. Even if the factory still had inventory they'd be something like $9,000, so are there any other recommended solutions?

testdriver
08-05-2013, 07:55 AM
no way of getting it refurbished/cleaned? i'll check pricing with ALPINA just out of curiosity. :D

testdriver
08-06-2013, 08:41 PM
you were way off my friend, it's "just" 2400 EUR... + shipping to canada! :D

Stirling
08-08-2013, 03:27 AM
Thanks for finding that out. I'd been led to believe it wasn't even available anymore.

Scooter
08-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Possibly a collector car faux pas, but what about something more generic? Have a custom system made so you can get through emissions and then keep the stock system and gut the cat just for collector completeness.

Has the cat collapsed causing the car to run like crap or are you just failing emissions testing?

jrsmitchell
08-08-2013, 10:29 AM
That's exactly what I would do ----^ custom mid pipe with a good third party cat (Magnaflow, Vibrant, etc). Nothing special about the Alpina part in this case.

Stirling
08-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Possibly a collector car faux pas, but what about something more generic? Have a custom system made so you can get through emissions and then keep the stock system and gut the cat just for collector completeness.

Has the cat collapsed causing the car to run like crap or are you just failing emissions testing?

We don't have emissions testing in my parts. Just looking to be a little enviro-friendly.