PDA

View Full Version : B10 3.5 DD in NW Ontario

gorfllub
04-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Many years ago I imported a black b10 3.5 for my old man.

I just purchased the car from him yesterday. Well, it was nearly a gift not so much a purchase. In fact the price was so low, he isn't letting me have the original wheels. Lol.

That's ok. This car will be my daily driver now until it dies. Including the majority of winter.

Car is at 175km now and I put on nearly 50km a year. Hopefully she gets me through 3-4 more years.

Around then you will probably see some tired Alpina parts come for sale :)

Car is currently in white court Alberta. Will be getting sent to edmonton for some custom work then will be shipped by train to Winnipeg where I will pick it up.

I haven't seen the car or even pics in years so I am excited to see how she looks. I am told she has the standard e34 gifts of this vintage..... Stuck glovebox door, sagging headliner and shrinking door panel materiel.

Good enough to pound the miles onto!

When you see a genuine B10 (without genuine wheels) cruising around the highways of Manitoba and nw Ontario in the middle of winter, that'll be me! Feel free to wave and give me the finger for treating an Alpina that way.

Woohoo!

testdriver
04-10-2013, 06:30 PM
haha what a great story. i would only give you the finger for not having the proper rims on it, but i can fix that for you if you're interested in a used set from germany. :D anyways, congrats to the "purchase", don't forget to share some photos or upload them to your gallery here.

gorfllub
04-11-2013, 10:53 AM
It will be probably a month until it actually gets to me.

As far as wheels, I guess it depends on what ends up on it. But at the end of the day I dont really want to spend any money on it.

I have to assume genuine wheels are not exactly cheap, which is why he is keeping them!

testdriver
04-11-2013, 12:36 PM
not cheap, that's true, but everybody needs some decent rims for the summer. and when you get rid of the car they will still be worth close to the same if not more. so depending on what kind of shape they are in you can get a set for $1000 (very rough) - $1600 (mint condition) shipped to anywhere in north america.

gorfllub
04-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Yeah, thats WAY out of the budget. Lets just say that would be a rather large percentage of what I am paying for the whole car. I could probably get his for ~$500/set in minty shape if I asked nice enough. Lol.

Family special!

testdriver
04-11-2013, 02:36 PM
take the family special if they are mint. you can sell them later for $1500 no problem.

gorfllub
04-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Well, I guess they arent for sale at any price right now! (Well not any price I would be able to pay)