PDA

View Full Version : What is best venue for selling an Alpina?

JR Calvin
01-30-2012, 10:40 AM
I have always wondered what is the best venue/site/method for selling an exclusive/rare/unusual Alpina, (aren't they all?) Particularly when the Alpina in question is an older mid - 80s model.

I talked with Lawrence Romanosky (1982 B7S Turbo Coupe #14, Canada) at the BMW CCA Legends of the Autobahn show in Carmel/Monterey last August (Lawrence R., myself and the the new B7S #14 owner, Mark R. were there as well has both B7S #14 and B7S #25) about selling his B7S Turbo Coupe. Lawrence said that any purchase interest expressed privately from the various Alpina clubs/boards was very minimal. Lawrence felt it was courteous to first offer the B7S for sale to internet board members since he had published the B7S renovation so openly on internet sites. After very little serious private response he subsequently listed the B7S on the BAT site and then eBay after which it sold quickly.

Any selling input from past experience?

john

Mark in Toronto
01-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Pistonheads? It's a UK site.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=311&p=&d=0&min=&max=&y1=&y2=&txt=&px=&xsl=list&pagesize=15&filter=TP&o=y&pc=

Stirling
01-30-2012, 04:21 PM
I would also forward my ad to this blog to expand the exposure: http://germancarsforsaleblog.com/

I wonder why forums are a poor venue for finding buyers? You would think forum users would be the most enthusiastic purchasers.

ALP1NA
02-01-2012, 08:31 AM
The best place to sell Alpina is definitely www.mobile.de. This is a place with the largest database of all car brands including Alpina.

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?isSearchRequest=true&editSearch=&lang=de&export=NO_EXPORT&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&scopeId=C&makeModelVariant1.makeId=1100&makeModelVariant1.modelId=&maxPrice=&minFirstRegistrationDate=&maxMileage=&fuels=&ambitCountry=&zipcode=

JR Calvin
02-01-2012, 08:46 AM
The problem I see with the UK site and the Germany site is that the import taxes, etc make the purchase and importation from the USA too expensive for a reasonable sale price.

John

ALP1NA
02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
I just answered you that I think may be the best place to sell. Genuine buyer can be found in the neighborhood but also in Bangkok.

http://i43.tinypic.com/vya8wn.jpg

AlpinaMan
02-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Gentlemen, we need to create a specific section for Alpina for sale and Alpina Parts for sale that is clear and crisp and no Alpina car could post and its specific to this site, so people could visit and perhaps make deals, and also would generate some traffic to this site as well. :cool:

Stirling
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM
The problem I see with the UK site and the Germany site is that the import taxes, etc make the purchase and importation from the USA too expensive for a reasonable sale price.

John

How much are the German import taxes?

Stirling
02-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Gentlemen, we need to create a specific section for Alpina for sale and Alpina Parts for sale that is clear and crisp and no Alpina car could post and its specific to this site, so people could visit and perhaps make deals, and also would generate some traffic to this site as well. :cool:

What exactly are you thinking of? A classifieds listing function? If you can find an example I could try to duplicate it.

JR Calvin
02-01-2012, 05:21 PM
According to one of my contacts in Germany who had expressed an interest in my B7S, the Taxes are 20% on sell/purchase price and the Duty is an additional 10% on the sell/purchase price.

John

Stirling
02-01-2012, 06:17 PM
According to one of my contacts in Germany who had expressed an interest in my B7S, the Taxes are 20% on sell/purchase price and the Duty is an additional 10% on the sell/purchase price.

John

So the 10% duty would be an additional cost on a North American-sourced vehicle, but I imagine every vehicle is subject to the 20% tax? Do you know, when we see a car listed on mobile.de does the price include the 20% tax or is it on top of that?

Swiss prices seem to be insanely high. I wonder if that is taxes or just a high-value currency.

Gaalpinaowner
02-28-2012, 12:29 PM
I came close on pulling the trigger on Lawrences car with several high bids the last couple of hours of the sale. I just could not justify the final sale price...I guess I just did not want it bad enough. My wife would have shot me also...another story.:eek:

John not sure what you want out of yours but Ebay worked for Lawrence - you may consider trying this and if you do not get the price you want don't sell.

David

testdriver
04-05-2012, 08:21 PM
@Stirling
it's actually 19% taxes +10% customs duty when importing a car into germany.
the only possible "rebate" is when the car is older than 30 years. some folks
import through other countries (e.g. netherlands, france, etc.) to safe on the
government crap, which is only worth it if the cars is expensive enough, since
there are again expenses involved bringing it from that country into germany.