PDA

View Full Version : b8 passed saftey inspection

saint
01-26-2012, 08:50 PM
i have been on a weeks vacation and its been unseasonably warm and i was out in the garage messing around and i got the urge to take the b8 in and have it saftied . it passed safety very easly and the mech was blown away at how clean and tight the car was . in sk u are supposed to have the shift pattern on the knob but he let it slide on mine . then my day got better , after i got home my wife had my cd43 head unit hidden behind her back , i was half expecting it this week and now thats installed . i highly recommend the cd43 for anyone that wants great sound and an oem look . i got mine for 180$ shipped .

the other thing i did today was remove the broken plastic shield covering the fuel filter and replaced with a custom one i fabbed out of a piece of stainless steel that is alot better than the oem one

cheers , dwayne :)

Scooter
01-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Congrats Dwayne!! :D

I think we are supposed to have something that shows the shift pattern as well. Whether it's on the shifter or somewhere else on the console.

You should post up some pics of the CD43 and the fuel filter cover. I'm interested to see how they look.

saint
01-28-2012, 07:41 AM
thanks ryan . the boys at the shop said i had put a sticker on the shift knob with the pattern on it , wink wink lol . i posted pics on another thread . i found out one very nice feature the cd43 has and its gets louder when u increase speed .