PDA

View Full Version : VW/Audi injectors on a Biturbo?

Stirling
01-18-2012, 06:01 PM
So I'm wrapping up my injectors to send them off for a flow-test and clean and as I'm looking at them I see the familiar four-rings of Audi stamped on the side! A closer look also reveals a VW logo and the number 03490603.

Are these accepteable substitutes on a for a 1992 Biturbo?????

Stirling
01-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Never mind, turns out that is the right part. That's good - once less exotic item to replace on this car!

cdnalpina
01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Stock injectors are about 305 cc/min, or 29lb/min. I am in the process of changing out a bunch of things on my BT and I am going to run a new set of 30lb/min (315cc/min) with the new type III design tip. When I had the BT dyno'd at Miller two years ago, it was running a touch on the lean side so I opted for slightly larger injectors when it came time to replacing them.

My friend ran the new type III design injectors (and 19lb/min instead of 17 lb/min) in his E31 and noticed slightly better power but much better fuel economy. I think the new design makes a big difference - I'm looking forward to seeing if there is one when I get the BT on the road again in the spring.